[Reflection] Study Abroad in Nepal
5 min read
In the Fall semester of my junior year at Boston College, I studied abroad in a traditional Tibetan Buddhist temple in Kathmandu, Nepal with a focus on Eastern philosophy and anthropology.
In these formative six months, I came away with:
- foundational understanding of Buddhist philosophy and mindfulness practice
- cultural appreciation for the local Nepali and Tibetan peoples
- experience working in international education through my time mentoring leaders in Teach for Nepal
- many stories trekking across the Himalayas with a group of Australians
- a travel blog that documented every week of my experience! (see below to check it out)
This experience marked the beginning of my international travel and a lifetime of appreciation for a country that inspired me to live my life to the fullest!